A new adventure

First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes baby in the baby carriage. We knew we wanted kids and were open to them coming whenever it was God's will for it. When it took longer than expected to get pregnant, I started to get discouraged. Then in November of 2014, I had a positive pregnancy test. And then about five more before I believed it and went to the doctor for confirmation. Yes, our dream of parenthood was finally coming true! But now what?! I had a deep desire to be a mom, but have always been independent and done a million things on my own schedule. What does this mean for us? Wow how our lives our going to change! We found out in December just how much our lives were going to change... About a week before our first ultrasound, I had a vivid dream we were having twins. It didn't phase me that much because I always have vivid dreams and of course pregnancy multiplied that. All I was concerned about at the ultrasound was a strong heart beat and confirming I was about as far along as I thought I was. When I heard the heartbeat, it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen or heard. My husband and I both started crying tears of joy. But the ultrasound tech had a fun surprise! There were two strong little heart beats! TWINS! Because of the dream I wasn't as shocked as many probably are when they receive the news of twins, but it was still quite a surprise. One baby is intimidating enough but TWO?!
We knew walking into the ultrasound appointment that our lives would forever be changed, but we didn't know just how much. And despite it being scary, intimidating and a bit overwhelming, we are both extremely excited and feeling very blessed to start this journey towards parenthood and raising two babies together.

No comments:

Post a Comment