Discovering the world of essential oils

I was always aware that essential oils and aromatherapy where out there.  I just didn't think much about them unless they asked if I had a preferred scent at a massage.

I was first introduced to them in terms of mood and health benefits around two years ago by a coworker that sold Doterra.  We were all in a funk because of things that were going on with the company and she said we should try her wild orange oil.  Of course everyone was pretty skeptical that it would make any difference but we were willing to try.  Our area of the office smelled like a citrus grove after we all applied it topically to the palms of our hands. It seemed crazy, but less than an hour later, we were all in better moods.  Everything still stunk, but we were in a better peace of mind over it.  It certainly made me intrigued about what other oils were out there and what they could potentially do for me.  It was exciting to learn about lavender and peppermint for headaches, clary sage for period cramps and lemon oil for cleansing and cooking.  Or combining lavender, lemon and peppermint for allergy relief. 

As I began to learn more about essential oils and all that they can do, I was really excited.  I sampled some oils and ordered some.  I'm not exactly the "crunchy" type that is super into natural cures and believing they can cure all, but I was certainly impressed by the few that I had become familiar with.  Why put crazy chemicals into your body for a headache when you can simply rub some essential oils on your temples?  I was really impressed with how well it worked for headache relief.  

I plan on continuing to learn more about oils and find ways to implement them in my life in order to live a healthier and more chemical free lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment