Ergos and Tulas and ring slings, oh my!

Since we are having babies one and two, everything is basically new for us.  I do, however, have many friends with kids who are one year old or younger, so I'm at least somewhat aware of some of the trends in all things baby.  One of the things that has probably been most fascinating is the world of baby wearing and just how many options there are.  Even more crazy is how fanatical the people that use each type of carrier are that theirs is absolutely the beast and only way to go.   It also boggled my mind that some carriers are resold for over $1,000.00!  Are they really THAT valuable?!  Apparently they are to some...  But when you need two of everything, we are obviously going to be much more conservative in anything that we purchase.

I am very interested in baby wearing, and perhaps tandem wearing if I can figure out the best way to do it for me.  So far, I have tried on a mai tai, an Ergo, a Lillebaby and a moby style wrap.  I actually have the mai tai, ergo and moby style wrap in my possession and am soon going to start practicing with them to get a better handle on what will work best for me.  I'll post updates and reviews once I've practiced some with them.  I'm also hoping to check out a meeting of the baby wearing chapter in my area to learn from some experienced moms.  It is a bit overwhelming, especially trying to make the right choice for my babies.  But I'm sure with experience and research, I'll be able to make the right decision for us.  And not spend $1,000 for a limited edition print.

No comments:

Post a Comment